Monday, October 20, 2008

Out-Excess

Recession has gotten to me and I think I brought it upon myself. Retail therapy this week kept me sane for a while until I thought of my credit card bills. A cheque to A&E Quack hasn't been cleared and I still owe Amazing Race Partner the monies for my last Phuket trip. On top of all these, the senseless purchase of shoes and board shorts has hit me back to reality. To top it off, I received a reminder from my mobile phone service provider that my bill hasn't been paid.

Wakeboarding with a banker, an advertising chi-chi tai tai wannabe aka Alcoholic Empress Dowager was disastrous yet hilarious. The session ended among thunder, lightning and a bunch of screaming girls. 10 mins after the screaming, we were back on dry land discussing how we should save money because it's recession and how the bankers are having their meals at hawkers. It seems like elastic things like good food are the first to go in times like these.

My teeth whitening scheduled but beginning of next month has to go on but everything else would have to go. That includes excessive shopping, excessive travelling (overseas or in Singapore although petrol prices have dipped), excessive food (which is also good for the waistline). However, that made me think twice on how much money I have been wasting for the past months or years. Watching the bank account dip is not a good feeling at all. In an attempt to make my life better, I'm determined to be more thrifty. Until my next big pay check that is...



被现实推挤
梦想会变形
执着让人
觉得好吃力
我只是看着你
了解的神情
微笑扬起
又能继续
有时候爱是一种眼神
赶走所有苦闷
是你让我记得自己不是一个人
有你在什么都有可能
因为彼此信任
真的爱情不需要保证(会恒温)
你从不劝我
别逆风飞行
牵手陪我
向梦前进

No comments: