Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Spartans!

After watching the show "300" for about 6 times and not being able to finish it because I'll usually fall asleep within the first 10 mins, I finally had the chance to stay awake throughout the entire show and actually enjoyed it. But of course, I had to keep my eyes open for the first 30 mins. Somehow, it was just so hypnotising.

I have to admit that this is not my favourite kind of show. Too much gory and heads flying around and it's far from being a non-fiction. Then again, which of the movies out there are actually non-fiction when they only try to be a non-fiction as much as they can try to portray it.

Somehow, the show managed to remind me that once you're decided on fighting the war, there's no looking back. As much as strategies and strength are crucial, it takes more than bravery to keep holding on. Then again, overkill of ego and pride. The only nice thing is the respect for women in the show. If my husband loved me until the very second that he fell dead on the battlefield, I'd probably be the happiest widow on earth. It was such a beautiful thought...

1 comment:

Marquis_De_Sade said...

*LOL*

I know what you mean but never.. and it's NEVER let those Greeks I work for hear that!!

=P