Friday, December 19, 2008

Audi A6 is in Singapore!

After a sumptuous MSG-laden dinner last night with Attituder, Kimchi and Mrs FruitcakePabloHoney last night, I headed to the launch of the new Audi A6. Didn't get to take the car out for a test drive because my driver's licence was in the car and I wasn't superbly interested because it is a car beyond my means right now. Must say it looks very sleek and executive-like. It was the company that sent me into endless fits of laughter throughout the rest of the night. Adult jokes were those that most can relate to and with characters like Saints, SY69U and FruitcakePabloHoney, we were all very much, almost, rolling on the floor. With Moody Penguin away, much of the focus was inevitably on me but I didn't mind at all because I was honoured to be able to bring some smiles to people's faces.



The door gift was a planner for 2009. Looks pretty decent except that on their brochure that came along in the same bag, had a spelling mistake! (Refer to the picture below) I know I'm nitpicking but you can't afford such mistakes in advertising or marketing campaigns. Then again, people are just more concerned with the numbers. Just for the record - The A6 2.0 TFSI multitronic is going for S$165,800 and the A6 3.0 TFSI quattro tiptronic is going for S$238,000. Apart from the fact that it's a AWD, at the price of the 3litre variant, I'd pick a 335 over it. Easily. Then again, you would be of a different class of people altogether if you pick the A6 which is... Not too shabby afterall.

No comments: