Friday, December 26, 2008

Tis' The Season To Be Jolly

It's been a week and I drafted several posts which I canned them eventually due to the lack of time to complete them. There's a lump in my throat and I'd better get that emotion out of my system before I go crazy and create more trouble for myself. Took the day off thinking I could do something meaningful but I ended up spending it like any other weekend, wandering around. Weekends are usually really precious to me especially after I started working. It's the only days in the week I could possibly sleep a little longer, laze a little more and enjoy that bit extra.

Over the Christmas week, I truly enjoyed myself. Not having done much significant but even if it means not having the need to speak but having your loved one hold your hand while driving round town, was the most enjoyable experience. Doing turkey and ham-filled dinners over at friends' place coupled with typical Chinese gathering gambling dens, I couldn't think of a better way to be spending Christmas. Oh well, last Christmas in NYC wasn't bad but it keeps getting better in a different way I suppose.

To have that someone with you does make that tad of a difference during seasons like this. Spoke to Alcoholic Empress Dowager and it sounds almost familiar things she shared but of course, hers in much greater magnitude. Attending events with everyone else coupled up, it really feels like crap. Girl, you know I'm here for you so do whatever that makes you happy because it's the ends that justify the means. But come Feb, I'll have to learn to ignore the lovey dovey spirits sprinkled along the streets, in every nook and cranny. If I go on, I'm not going to sound coherant so if you would excuse me...

No comments: