Monday, December 15, 2008

Atoming Away... Fast!

Last Saturday was well filled by the Ariel Atom affair. Had I not been consumed by the massive rain headache I've been having since Friday evening till now, I would probably have alot more fun. Having said that, I did enjoy myself. My main purpose for appearing was to assist RS4Cab aka Xiaohong should she need any help on that day since she was the main person in charge of the event itself. Before that, I hadn't heard much about the Ariel Atom let alone the need to wanna get a ride in it. My only impression of it was when Jeremy Clarkson's face looked funny when this sub 3 seconds car accelerated to heaven until my better half who was totally excited about having the opportunity to shoot it.

The road worthy one, if they pass LTA, will be here early 2009. The road version will have ginner headlights, wing mirrors and even has the IU unit. the track version would be going in excess of 170k in Singapore and the road worthy version will cost more than 280k. The cars do come with trailer at costs of about 30k and the cheapest variant at 26k. At top speed of about 170kph, it's not going to be the fastest car on the high end but from 1-100, it is lightning fast! Watch this on YouTube...

If you need or want to buy one, let me know...

No comments: