Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Skinny Stripes

Lunch with the SBW was funny today. The moment I got to the car, I couldn't stop laughing. Daftbitch and Bster both wore light blue striped shirt and guess what, I was wearing one too. Mr LTA then turned up in light blue striped shirt as well. Because of this, we even made friends with the people sitting on the same table, they were just too amused. Pictures would be up if you come back later...

Check this out - For girls with assets that you think might be too big for your own good, think again.

Please do not mistaken this as an attempt to boost my very own ego. Some girls out there like myself are troubled because we are curvy. It always seems like there's a wardrobe malfunction because of popping buttons and disconcerting glares. Dresses tend to fit us beautifully but only very selective dresses because we can’t fit the rest. And given the short legs that I’ve got, anything oversized will make me look like I’m swimming in them and eventually, my legs will go into hiding as if they are in shame. And trust me, boobs make you look FAT too. But only when you lose it conveniently after attempting to lose that 5 pounds you put on over your last buffet lunch, would you genuinely appreciate that it’s a gift. God made all of us different and we can’t have the best of everything. I do admit some do have the best of most but I’m not complaining. Neither should my better half (Haha!).

The writer of the above article cleverly highlighted the pains curvy girls have to be put through when the rest of the world just think that you're lucky and not appreciative but at the same time, think that you are one size bigger to be looking good enough. For myself, being short and having a skinny boyfriend doesn't help at all. But I'm grateful for what makes me the me that you see.

No comments: