Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Orchard Road

It's been eons since I last walked around Orchard. In search of a purple dress, the town was combed through resulting in cramped up thighs the next day. The Christmas lightings were up and the crowd was amazing. I literally had to weave past the crowds to get from building to building. The sea of people with cameras of sorts ranging from the point & shoot to the big bazooka looking ones filled up the streets. It was a mess but oddly enough, I enjoyed it.

Except for the hiccup that ended the day, it was a great day out. Aimlessly walking and window shopping, stopping occasionally for a drink or munchbits, it's warm to have someone walking with you and breathing in the holiday spirit together. As much as it was tiring and left me with a bad left leg the next day, I wouldn't mind doing it yet again. This time, I'll make sure I charge myself up with enough carbos along the way to stop me from turning into a hungry monster.

Go down and explore Orchard Road if you haven't done so in a long time...

To the person who left the last comment - I appreciate that you're taking time to read my crap. I take pride that people do at least read the shitload of them. It's my outlet and I'm sure you have benefitted tremendously from it.

Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas
Have yourself a merry little Christmas,
Let your heart be light
From now on,
our troubles will be out of sight

Have yourself a merry little Christmas,
Make the Yule-tide gay,
From now on,
our troubles will be miles away.

Here we are as in olden days,
Happy golden days of yore.
Faithful friends who are dear to us
Gather near to us once more.

Through the years
We all will be together,
If the Fates allow
Hang a shining star upon the highest bough.
And have yourself A merry little Christmas now.

No comments: