Friday, January 02, 2009

2009

Ushered in the new year with the usual Texas Hold'Em people, nothing glamourous. 2009 isn't quite the year we would look forward to given the gloomy outlook. Only our perspective remains positive. With a good 4 months ahead that I'm going to be spending alone and probably worse when the year end draws near, it's still a little too premature for me to worry at this point in time. Taking things step at a time, I'm actually quite enjoying my life excluding the part whereby I worry myself sick about not having much achievements at work so far. The bear market is an excuse but if one can make some light out of this darkness, one can make light anywhere.

New Year's Day was quiet. It happened to also be my Chinese birthday. No celebrations. In fact, I didn't even know until Mom told me. Was sleeping on and off, recuperating from the late eve's night and the morning "chauffeur service" for Moody Penguin. The day before, he had gone to have someone peel open his eyes and "burn" them before "brushing" the eye back into place. Not being able to see properly, he wasn't a good candidate to be found behind the wheel. But to be able to spend the day together is all that's enough to make me happy.

Another work dayand the weekend comes again. After this weekend, it'd be time to fight some war... Very quiet war.

No comments: