Monday, March 30, 2009

Imposter Syndrome

Found something interesting today. Have you ever heard of this syndrome called "The Imposter Syndrome"? According to Wikipedia, this syndrome is more common among women and in a gist, sufferers are unable to reconcile their successes/achievements/accomplishments and more often, they will dismiss it as luck. Not wanting to sound like a Münchausen victim but there are some instances in like where I felt that I don't deserve what I'm having. Although I always thought I've always been the most unlucky person around, I also recognise that I must be storing some good luck if I am where I am today. BUT I'm not having Imposter syndrome because I too acknowledge that I did put in the hard work that brought about some of the good things in life.

If you read my blog regularly, just take this post as one of my mindless rantings. I've been moping around with stupid thoughts that maybe I don't deserve what I have and what I have really isn't what I have. This sounds crazy, even to me. I wanted to say "ignore me" but by blogging this, I'm not exactly asking to be ignored, am I? Just one of the days...

I want to be the star that I believe I am. I want to be the star I know I can be. Where can I start finding the light source to keep the star shining?

1 comment:

Ivan said...

you are just being a woman.

ignore me. (but you scream and shout all the same)