Monday, April 20, 2009

Leaving On A Jet Plane

April is coming to an end and the beginning of May is dreadful. The start of leading singlehood life knowing that an important person in life is staring into the same sky is thousands of miles away. I guess it's just part of life and the processes we have to go through. At the same time, this might just be the test we need to weather the worse. On one hand, I'm glad that this special person is someone whom I can trust to handle the toughest coming along his way and I can rest assure that he will come back the same person, if not, a better him. On the other end of the spectrum, worries rush in inevitably filling up the unknown. At this time when everything in my life is unstable, a very distant imaginary hug is all I'm left with, unassuringly reassuring.

How often have we forgotten how life is like to have the extra freedom again which essentially was never ever taken away from us. I was never stopped from doing my own things but time has morphed to become ours and as an item, often referring to us instead of you and me. It was alot of laughs and smiles with the occasional sulk and silence, all part and parcel of learning more about the other person.

For the coming months and months, the refuge and comfort I seek will more often be in the form of written words, occasional voice exchanges, a daily imaginary hug to sleep and a constant thought of the other party's well-being.

If you know I'm always here thinking of you, that's all enough for me.

No comments: