Thursday, April 30, 2009

Run With Me

There was never a moment in my life that tears were so readily available and I was surprised with my biological generousity. The anticipation of departure hurts but knowing that this is temporary and in his words, for a better future, I just had to suck it in and live with it. The pain is partly attributed to the uncertainty in the life of yours truly. Not knowing what will happen the next day, having a warm shoulder definitely helps. Being emotionally needy, my tears couldn't ease things but probably made it harder for him to go which wasn't any part of my intentions. I know I'll be fine and so will everything else. Maybe it's just me completing the drama side of my alter ego, the tears became part of the set. Not that I could help it...

A few months isn't exactly a long time but neither is it short when so many things are up in the air bearing no hint of concrete in them. Seeing him through the screen will probably be the sole temporary comfort both of us can look forward to. The hardest part should be the initial part and once the turbo lag ease off, the journey ahead should be smoother. I guess it helps when there's mutual understanding on what we're both in for and working towards what we want and wish to achieve. In our different arenas, we're walking in the same direction and reaching out for that common end point. The race may seem tiring but knowing that someone is running it with you, the reassurance is all it takes to calm some nerves. To be strong is not an option. To be brave is only mandatory. To love is inherent.

No comments: