Thursday, May 07, 2009

Busy Bee

Since my departure from my last job, I've been idling around. Perhaps idling isn't the best word to describe since I've been kept very busy. Interviews for one particular opportunity kept me shuttling from one end of Singapore to the other end and since I'm already in the west, I ended up at Xiaohong's place almost every other day. Then again, even without those interviews, I'll still end up there for mahjong or Texas Hold'em. Other friends who already regard the "clubhouse" as THE Clubhouse also visited there regularly which gives me even more reasons to plant myself on her sofa. Being with fun people who cares, I wouldn't ask for more. Having the company of people who value add your life and allow you to add value to the community, I couldn't ask for more.

Over a session when they were making fun of me and my blog, this song was the talking point. I volunteered to translate the lyrics to English. Do not think attempt to tease me based on the lyrics. I admit, I'm a hopeless romantic but definitely not so bad that it'd send a shiver up your spine. On top of which, the lyrics were NOT written by me. I just like the song... And although it also carries the thoughts from me to the man thousands of miles away but but but... More explanation would only get me deeper into the quick sand.

Here's the literal translation:
用你的早安陪我吃晚餐
Wishing me good morning during my dinner
记得把想念存进扑满
Keeping my thoughts in the piggy bank
我望着满天星在闪
Staring at the shining stars
听牛郎对织女说要勇敢
牛郎 telling 织女 to be brave (牛郎&织女 are characters of a chinese folklore referring to a couple who are apart)

别怕我们在地球的两端
Not afraid of being on the opposite ends of the Earth
看你的问候骑着魔毯
Seeing your greetings on the magic carpet
飞用光速飞到我面前
Flying to me in lightning speed
你让我看到北极星有十字星作伴
You showed me that 北极星 will always have the company of 十字星(Southern Cross = 十字星; Northern Star = 北极星; Both Stars are known to be always together)

少了你的手背当枕头我还不习惯
Without your arm as my pillow, I'm still not used to it.
你的望远镜望不到我北半球的孤单
Your binoculars can't see my loneliness in the Northern hemisphere
太平洋的潮水跟着地球来回旋转
Tides of the Pacific Ocean are rotating with the Earth
我会耐心地等 等你有一天靠岸
I'll be waiting patiently for your return

少了你的怀抱当暖炉我还不习惯
Without your hug, I'm still not used to it
E给你照片看不到我北半球的孤单
My loneliness is not depicted in the picture I emailed you
世界再大两颗真心就能互相取暖
No matter how big the world is, our hearts can seek warmth in each other when they are real
想念不会偷懒 我的梦通通给你保管
Missing you is not something that I'd be lazy to do, my dreams are in your safekeeping

No comments: