Friday, June 12, 2009

ICU For Kokoro

As you might have read in my last entry that Kokoro is currently admitted to Volkswagen Hospital. It seems as though I've got a lemon in my garage. Not too long ago, the car kept coming back with engine light popping up. I suppose it's a little to early for Christmas street light up. It went through operations to get an entire list of stuffs replaced. They were all small issues until my recent drive up to Malacca.

It was a normal drive on the NSH and none of the B roads, hence, the failure was totally uncomprehensible. Kokoro started to vibrate violently. The initial suspicion were the coil packs which the GTi is known to have problems with. On the way back from Malacca, Saints who took my car reckoned that it could be the manifold because the vibration was much worse than a mere coilpack problem.

true enough, after some diagnosis with VW, the problem was indeed the manifold. There was a leak and the injectors need to be replaced. Kokoro has been in there for the past 2 weeks and I doubt it would be out today as well. His heart (ie. the engine) is currently out of the body and operations to get it back up and running again is underway. Apparently, VW has admitted that it is a manufacturing fault. Although I love my car and I think with this price, I doubt I can get a better car, I'm still peeved that I'm paying all the taxes/licences and installments at the moment and I don't get to drive it. It is just depreciating daily in value just sitting in VW. I don't quite wanna fault them but my patience is running out... QUICK!

Oh where oh where can my baby be...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hello... hapi blogging... have a nice day! just visiting here....