Monday, September 14, 2009

Always Be My Baby

The husky voice of David Cook never fails to capture my attention whenever it's on air. One song in particular that caught my attention and the rendition in my personal opinion, being better than the original performer's. There's this unique sex appeal about this American idol and I can't believe he's younger than me! I know very well I'm not young but these new singers are just repeatedly making us feel like time flew past us before we could even reach out for it. There are dreams we are want to grab but procrastination always ended up being the legendary thief of time. Dreams built and lost and once we flip to the next page, we always think of a new piece of drawing canvas and before we know it, the book is filled. Was talking to Jaded Manhattan Lensbaby and it seems like we're always back to the initial drawing block wondering the next block of crayon and how we want to pen the first stroke. Be it really vibrant colours or impossibly dull tones, we need to draw something. Reluctant as we may be, the empty pages need to be filled up or before you know it, the page gets tattered and you have no choice but to flip it.

Back to David Cook, with that chiselled face, he's the type of guy who would be your eye candy back in school encouraging you to wake up earlier the next day and attending school looking your Sunday best. He's also the type whom you'll never talk to and if he takes the initiative, you'd just stare and drool away. Incredibly handsome is definitely not the right description but probably really manly and possibly responsible. You know if he falls crazily in love with you, he'll give up his rising stardom to hide in Southern France with you. I have to admit, that's some insanity and a little alcohol talking. His voice does makes me happy and that's all that matters isn't it? Girls expect too much some times.



Urban Legend says this sounds like a stalker song... The song does begin to sound like one to me... Gosh! Must be Mariah Carey... She co-wrote this!

Will someone come sweep me off my feet and whisk me off to a small abandoned town away from this crazy place?

No comments: