Monday, September 21, 2009

In My Hands - Wisdom

The past week can't be more eventful. Apart from the unusual regular drinking, considering that I'm almost a teetotal, my car has also travelled more mileage than I'll ever clock up during a normal week. Going places and seeing faces was so much fun and I've kept myself so busy with slotting everyone in every available slot, I can't remember the last time I was this sleep deprived yet feeling so hyped. The only mistake was possibly mixing medication with excessive alcohol (which in my context is not alot but far more than my regular nightcap worth of single malt) and the rest was justified by a medical certificate. I tried resting the flu ache and fever while nursing the heavy head. However, the real remedy was with people who brought me so much laughter and smiles.

Singing my lungs out at the KTV, attending a birthday party, planting myself at Singapore's Super Import Night, spending quality time with my folks, casual chit chatting with real friends, hitting balls at the driving range, hosting the "Hottest Season" in transit and getting the hug she owed me for the longest time ever was just some of the endless activities. It's amazing how much one can pack in a long weekend and for me, a super duper long one starting from Thursday. The most important event has got to be church service today. Thankful to Ah B, I dragged my sleep-deprived body to Suntec and after getting stuck in the pre-F1 road changes, the anointing began. The prayer for wisdom was such a simple yet powerful one. And prosperity is where the wisdom will bring you in different aspects of life. The service touched many hearts, B and myself included.

The end of the lunar calendar's 7th month has also marked closures for many journeys, some were shocking and the others were expected. But the new piece of canvas was perfect for mistake correction and fresher colours. Life couldn't possibly be more exciting! To be in control is a prerogative that should not be forgotten and to be responsible for your very own happiness that lies right in your hands. All I need now is to catch a movie, dance my heart out and go spend some sundown time by the beach enjoying the breeze by myself. The seabreeze is comfort and to be able to shout out to nothing is a privilege that I must learn not to take it for granted. Just imagine living in a desert... (Gosh no!)

If there's a mahjong game for me to spend a couple of hours on, my weekend would be so complete. Then again, my room and Kokoro needs some undivided attention.

No comments: