Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Bodyache

Two full days of falling in and out of consciousness, being this sick isn't the least bit fun. Right after the BBQ over at Papadan's place, with the failed mission of getting a ride in the new monster, I went home with a slight ache. The ache quickly developed into a disabling one. Throughout the entire Sunday night, I was tossing and turning trying to get myself to Z Land but the tossing became increasingly painful. Very gradually, the sore throat and the fever developed.

By Monday morning, I was running a high of 38.7˚C and perspiration soaked the bed-sheets. Miserable is the only word I could think to describe how I really felt. In order to get to a meeting I was supposed to head that morning, I went on to take a shower and changed into work clothes but I could hardly move. Tears formed at the corner of my eyes while I screamed to myself softly. I knew there was no way I could get myself to work. I sent some text messages to push my meetings back and sat on my bed till I fell asleep. The medication I took before I took my nap didn't quite help and gastric pains developed due to lack of foods as base for the medication to not eat into my stomach walls. All was a little too late. Before noon, I got out of bed smelling like a rotten lemon since the perspiration didn't quite dry itself up in the air-conditioned room. I took the courage, fought the pain and drove myself to the doctor's.

Being unusually whiny, I was whining to myself in the car. The pain made me cry out loud with real tears and screams. Breathing became a chore, a painful one. Every turn of the steering wheel was eating up my threshold for pain bit by bit. By the time I got to the bottom of the multistorey carpark, all I wanted to do was to leave the car there and call for an ambulance. It was that bad since I've never ever thought of calling an ambulance for myself at any point in time regardless of how badly injured I got myself into. Anyway, the article finally got published. How cool is that!

Since I got back from the doctor's I've been immersing myself in episodes after episodes of Capeta before I fall asleep yet again. For Dad's health since his immunity is particularly low, I've quarantined myself in my very own room and only step out when it's necessary. And when I have to leave my room, I'll ensure the mask is on, just to be on the safe side.

Despite all these torturing moments, I'm actually rather ecstatic now. A couple of months back before Penguin left and to me, that is not a place but it's called point of no return which I won't talk about now and neither do I want to talk about it anytime soon, we went for a 3000km drive up to Trengganu and back on B-roads. Subsequently, I was asked to help with writing an article. Admittedly, Dentist Woo Woo would have done a much better job but he was busy but I still saw bits of his contribution in the final publication. Somethings in the article brought back beautiful memories but maybe memories should belong where they should.

No comments: