Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Dinner & Dance & Copious Amount of Alcohol

In my entire 28 years, I've never had much luck in lucky draws or lottery. Last night was no exception. Out of approximately 200 people, there was in excess of 100 prizes and non of them came to me. Point proven.

Just when I thought the night has come to an end with an early morning in the extreme west of Singapore at the back of my mind, all car keys were summoned to be pooled together and the drinking began. Before today, I thought my department is full of drinkers and after today, I now know that the entire company drinks. To be fair, there were just a bunch of us who were crazy enough to stay back and drown all our happiness or sorrow with copious amount of alcohol. Thankfully, when the time to return home came, all were sober enough to drive with the help of some hot caffeine in the system. All in all, the laughter is something that would make it hard to forget.

But I must say, the best dressed department must come from the most innovative group of people. The Jacksons 5+2 was the highlight for everyone present. Thumbs up!

My only worry now is to get to the port at the other extreme end of Singapore by 8.30am which is just a few hours away and I'm nothing close to sleeping within the next few minutes. The wakeboarding documentary on National Geographic will keep me awake at least for the next hour or so. The residual alcohol in my system will probably make it hard for me to wake up on time in a few hours' time. The lack of sleep is of course a vicious cycle (coupled with more alcohol) of leaving dark rings round the windows of the soul.

Having said all that, I had a great night. Great company, great fun. I wonder when the next bout of fun will come...