Saturday, November 14, 2009

Hotel Re!Connect

By sleeping the entire Friday off, I thought the weekend was over. I know some of you out there are cursing and swearing but trust me, it's a well deserved break I gave myself and in layman's term, we call that "ANNUAL LEAVE". Having to run back to the office to grab my Mac (Yes, stupid me brought the work lappy home and left the personal one at work), the rest of the day was just lazy. The thunderstorm made it perfect for an afternoon nap, though it was longer than a regular nap.

Upon waking up, I realised part of the "Playground" were heading for dinner. In desperate need for food, I arrived at a table of prawn shells! Nevertheless, I had another serving of prawns which BMer was trying to deprive me of and dinner was complete. We proceeded to Hotel Re! @ Pearl's Hill where the rest joined us. The turnup was pleasantly unexpected and the place wasn't really made to accommodate that huge a crowd. On top of that, when Snugloft doesn't go to KPO, KPO came to Snugloft at Hotel Re. Tonight was surprisingly, without much alcohol. The fruit juices made it seem like we were on some detox program. Then again, 10 buckets of beer was enough to keep the toxic ones happy. The lineup of E92, E90, E46, GT3, S2000 made Kokoro look puny. King of Mount Mahjong's comment, "when you're used to driving the 335 and you get behind the wheel of the GTi, the car felt like it wasn't moving" made me wonder if I should laugh or cry. Having said that, I'm still happy with Kokoro. I totally understood where he came from because when I switched from Kokoro to Moody and back to Kokoro, the turbo lag almost made me cry. Thus, the new Z4 35i, preferably juiced, is part of the dream to be fulfilled in the near future. However, I must qualify that Kokoro is still a good boy despite the fact that he drinks engine oil like tap water.

Rare guests like TripleM and Lampung Prince graced our event tonight. Lampung Prince just got back to town today and it was so good to see him again. Hearing his words of concern directly from him warms the heart. When you know someone out there still cares about your well being, you will start to realise the importance of friends. Sending him home was naturally my pleasure. (Lampung Prince, I know you'll be reading this and I just wanna say thanks.)

The initial suggestion to speak Mandarin the entire night obviously didn't work, otherwise A&E Quack would have died from the penalties. Speaking of which, the leftover beers were apt punishments for the card game between Poker King & BMer. All in all, I had an almost alcohol free (unimaginable with BMer around) night but fun wasn't excluded from the equation.

Running into BloodRed at the "birds won't lay eggs" kinda place was a bonus.

No comments: