Thursday, December 10, 2009

Bliss

Mothers do go through more than 12 hours of labour. Surely, that shocked me. Mom told me I took about 5 hours so I must have been a really impatient baby. Earlgrey Junior "launched" this morning so congratulations to Mr & Mrs Earlgrey and to B cuz he can save his huge red packet up until the next 1212 baby.

Family values has always been important to me and relationships with my cousins have always been an integral part of my life. An unexpected turnout over dinner last night brought me back to the family bliss that tends to occur only once a year during Chinese New Year. Corny jokes and excessive food was part of the package, as usual. The introduction of a potentially permanent member brought about moments of forks pointing in my direction and being held down by my uncle and cousins despite my injured ankle. As much as it sounds like a torture session, I couldn't have been happier. Things seem complete apart from the "when's your turn?" questions. Discussions on other people's wedding dinners were gently avoided. If only Grandma's here to see all the smiles and laughters...

Bliss is exactly what surrounds me now and I can't possibly ask for more.

No comments: