Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Local Food Galore

Saw some pictures of friends pretending to be tourists at their very doorstep and I must say, it looked pretty darn interesting. Hell no, I did not decide to be a tourist. But by pure chance, I was up on the Singapore Flyer earlier this month. With friends visiting, a couple of us went down to East Coast Lagoon last night and decided to fatten up ourselves. Here's a list of the food excluding the beers:

- Char Kway Teow
- Hokkien Prawn Noodles
- A variety of satays
- Chilli Crab + Man Tou
- Gong gong (Some kind of shell fish)
- Sambal stingray
- Otah
- Gao Lak (Roasted chestnuts)

All these food among 6 people. I must have put on another kilo or 2 from last night.

After dinner came the fun part. I must admit that post dinner, my NYC Twin and myself decided that no decent coffee place would be open so we would love to head home. Eventually, we stayed and beer was "served" by the beach and conversations didn't end till the storm blew us away, literally. It was simple yet so much fun. All the laughter and teasing made up the night.

We didn't quite had the chance to bid each other goodbye but would that matter since we're heading to Zouk tonight. It is Wednesday and it's Mambo night. Mambo nights to many of us meant "last decade" so it's gonna be mainly people watching. Somehow, my sixth sense tells me it's gonna be an insane night.




This song by 庾澄慶 will always remind me of his ex-wife, 伊能静. I guess the most unexpected things do happen and it's not for any bystanders to say who's right or wrong. Was watching the entertainment news and saw the way he was protecting his son made me want to watch more of his videos on youtube and figure out what kind of man he actually is. His relationship with 伊能静 actually went back a long way and it's sad when breakups like that happen. But it happens...

No comments: