Monday, January 18, 2010

Brunch @ Spruce

On a lazy weekend, all you want to do is to wake up to a lazy breakfast and slump back to laze the rest of the day away. Yesterday was slightly different but I must say, it's been a while since I had such a well-balanced and enjoyable Sunday. Apart from the fact that I didn't go to church, everything was almost perfect.

The day started with me jumping out of bed after hearing KWD's voice on the phone going, "you mean you're still in bed?" I was late for brunch on the weekend that followed my birthday so as much as I know it may not be a birthday celebration, I did expect a birthday song ritual to go off as some point in time. Lunch was organised by Atomic Pilot but unfortunately, he was unable to make it. Nonetheless, laughter filled the air in the private function room of Spruce.

Talks about wedding themes got everyone laughing and contributing to more stomach spasms. The HUGE slice of cake was shared amongst everyone, force fed by me with a single spoon. Looking back when Skeeter Mom tried to hold me back from an oxygen break, it brought a snigger to this quiet room that I'm in blogging on the event. I will probably never be able to forget that I told her, "Why later? Got cake huh?"

After lunch, KWD and myself braved through the heat and crowd of pre-Chinese New Year frenzy of Chinatown to look for this accupressure place I went to years back. Surprisingly, they were still there! So off we went to attempt to relieve the pain from my ankle injury and his stiff neck by putting ourselves through even worse pains.

A movie was all that was needed to end the beautiful Sunday. We couldn't get tickets to "It's Complicated" hence we picked any movie that was available. It was never a choice to watch "The Spy Next Door" but just because it's a Jackie Chan's film. As usual, it didn't disappoint us but I must say, some of the actions and tricks are getting kinda stale. It's almost like, I've seen it before! But the bloopers at the end of the movie was hilarious. If you ever go catch this film in the theaters, stay till the very end.

No comments: