Tuesday, April 06, 2010

"Pop" Goes My Heart

Hectic is an understatement to describe my week or rather, the past weeks. The toiling is finally showing some fruits. It was an empty piece of canvas and now, it's got sketches and lines of a blueprint. It's a matter of time when the colours are filled. There's no need for a Monet but it's about completing the picture that you can call your own. I can't wait for the first "pop"!

Networking is always preferred when they come naturally. Business cards that runs out too fast only goes to show the pace I've been on. At the end of the day, it boils down to the company when the most mundane of all things take over. The constant laughter brought me past day after day way easier than I thought a Raffles Place life would be. Basking in the sun post lunch became decadence which I haven't had the chance to do it since I started in this concrete jungle again. My mealtimes are regularly 2 hours after everyone else's. Lunches at 3pm became common. Dinners at 9pm are an inevitable way to send indigestion and fats cultivating in the right path. But read this, I'm a happy camper. There's no way to possibly imagine me dating a few years back looking at my calendar right now and be feeling pleased. The people made it possible and I'm glad the choice was right then. There's mental note that I've been sending to myself read, "I could be more competitive..." In a good way that is.

Parking is impossible in this part of the country. The queues for lots are measured by quarters, in not, years. No longer is it the ability to pay for the exorbitant season parking charges, miscellaneous ERP charges and other costs of owning a vehicle, altering the situation the least bit. My car will just continue to sit in my semi-sheltered carpark to collect dust with the occasional weekend stripping of petrol making the main difference. Mileage sensitive me now has one less thing to worry about apart from the pending insurance and road tax costs. Supping up my baby and racing him has become the next on the list after Chanel.

The fingers typing is post is extremely rest deprived. The next weekend is highly anticipated.

How I love this world...

No comments: