Monday, June 21, 2010

Hold My Hand

After a night of coughing, the decision to skip work was right. Concentration was no longer possible and my voice was almost inaudible. With 2 doses of antibiotics in me, the sudden surge of energy made me feel vulnerable. The need for a warm body to shower some concern became painfully clear. The disappearance of my Singapore Flyer months back woke me up from being reliant on anyone. It was be the swollen eyes that blurred my vision once again. Independence is not given and to internally fight for it should not be seen as tough. It could just be the bacteria-ridden brain that is making me think so negatively. Maybe getting back at work and to keep the mind totally occupied is not that bad an idea afterall. Getting the desk up and running is building the tenacity unknowingly and being a better person is not the natural result. The fight is unavoidable.

Spending time on the BBM with Black Tulip kept me smiling while waiting at the doctor's and while waiting for the right warm body to appear. It is a promise to myself that friends like such are rare to come by, hence not to be given up even if Prince Charming were to make his appearance one day.

No comments: