Thursday, December 30, 2010

Dazzling Big 30 Gift To Myself

It's been years that I've always yearned for a beautiful smile. A chipped tooth and another badly decayed has kept that sparkle at bay. Before this were years of discussions with my dentist and the only issue that has kept me from pursuing the smile was the bank account. Having gone through the braces with little success, the crown was inevitable. I could have just filled it up nicely but that's not going to change the lousy orientation of the teeth.

Running the risk of emptying the bank account after months of hard work, topped with sufficient courage, I told my dentist one day that he can finally go ahead to better the aesthetics. In order to alter the orientation, the veneer was out so the only option was a crown. About a week ago, the dentist shaved off my 4 front teeth. Seeing my reflection on the little LCD screen, I thought I looked horrendous. However, regret was a little late. Now I have got 4 temporary cap over the shaved tooth, giving me an awkward smile over the entire Christmas period. I am now extremely looking forward to next week when my crown would be officially on. Practising the new smile will keep me busy during my Hong Kong trip in January.

Next on, the lasik. Time to beef up the bank account again...

No comments: