Monday, December 27, 2010

This Christmas

Departing from the previous years of drinking, maybe it's part of aging, the fun is completely different. Some little things have warmed me like never before. Things are beginning to look different and I'm quite confident that the coming year would be better. In a nutshell, I didn't spend the entire Christmas Day nursing a hangover.

Bidding farewell to the place I called second home for the past months, I am forced to take a month off work and rest. Considering it's very much a festive month, this break was welcomed with open arms. I was kept busy running errands and being the man's chauffeur. Simple day usually ending with simple dinners and excessive time on the iPhone.

The plan for my big 30 gift hasn't quite gone down the drain. Working within necessary budget, no extravagent trips were planned but instead, it was one giving me a dazzling smile. More to come in my next post.

2 days in a row, dinners with friends and family kept me running around. Friends and family who weren't mine until some months ago. I was overwhelmed by warmth and contentment. Of all the pursuits in life, isn't this all what we have ever wanted. A smile at the end of the day...

No comments: