Wednesday, December 07, 2011

Christmas Came Early

It's been too long and I'm sure my friends including A&E Quack would agree. Too much procrastination for such a commitment.

Buying Christmas gift for Watziznehm was easy this year. He got so poisoned by his latest road bike, all I had to do is to pay for the accessories which includes the funny shoes, the special pedal for the shoes, a professional looking pump, the bicycle stand etc. It is still a rather big gift considering his birthday that was over not too long ago was "enhanced" by the iPad 2.

We went shopping for watches because I had wanted the big ass Tag Hauer's Aquaracer.

Meanwhile, I was tempted by this awesome watch - Cartier Tank Francaise.

The temptation didn't stop there. Over at Hour Glass in Ngee Ann City, I was torn between 2 incredible looking Rolexes. One of those evergreen brands which I have never expected myself to be caught wearing one.

While I was caught with the dilemma, he asked me one question that made me dropped the idea of buying an expensive watch completely. Essentially, if I had gotten any of the Rolexes, I can forget about "The Ring" because it ain't gonna happen. It didn't take too long and I went... Diamond!

So I came to a conclusion - For the coming Christmas and my coming 31st birthday, I will be happy with a 60D. Almost without any hesitation, he told me he will be getting me one. That very weekend, we went camera shopping and I walked out of Parisilk with a smile that stretched from end to end of my face while he holds on to the bag containing my latest love and it's mate, the 18-200mm.


Since the 18-200mm is more for my travels and walk about, I needed to have something that satisfies the portraits-shooting me. He drove me straight to Funan and the next thing I knew, I was lost in the g'zillion shops there. I knew this is a gift that would empty my very own pockets as well. Apart from the usual screen protector, blower, I actually walked away from TK Photo with a Canon 50mm F1.4. Many would think I'm crazy to head straight to the F1.4 and not work from the F1.8 first but I'm a girl who knows what I want.


Now, don't hide away from me whenever I point my camera at you!

1 comment:

fruitcakepablohoney said...

hi sweety, good choice for christmas. Btw, hope to go cycling with him soon.

Cheers