Thursday, December 08, 2011

First Class Bulldozer

On my way to work this morning on our glorious MRT, I was squashed beyond recognition. But I am not about to fire my salvo at the current government. Not even with the recent hike in taxi fares. It was the people!

Let's not talk about the commuters who refused to move into the middle of the train, rendering the rest of the helpless commuters standing by the train doors not being able to get into the train.

While waiting to get on the escalator at the legendary Raffles Place stop, some lady was trying to bulldoze her way through and was pushing me. As you can imagine, I could barely move then. I was very close to asking if her middle name is "Lawn Mower". A minute earlier in the office is not going to make her a better employee. She can try to be one if she makes an effort to come way earlier and show more graciousness. You can tell the type of person this is and I wouldn't wish to deal with her at a workplace. When you spare zero consideration for others and want things done your way, it's just a pity that you'll get nowhere in life. At that juncture, the best solution was to be a bigger person and not deal with her directly. Besides, it will only serve to be a huge waste of my time.

I would urge all my fellow Singaporeans to stop complaining about the foreign talents nor what the government can or should do for you. You should first learn to reflect and ask if you are of first class citizen quality to deserve first class treatment.

No comments: