Tuesday, March 06, 2012

Singapore Airlines Business Class

Awesome!

AWESOMEST!!!

It was a week long trip for me to Hong Kong and what I was looking forward to this time around wasn't so much the food and the shopping (although those were really high up in the priority list) but the opportunity to get on the much raved-about business class on the A380. As I was too busy lazing in the seat and being fed throughout the trip, I didn't exactly take much pictures. Not to mention I was too lazy to lug my DSLR up to Hong Kong.

First, you book your chef i.e. your meal before you board. I had some crayfish with rice/risotto thingy which was decent. But food wasn't the main part of the experience. The service was! The undivided attention and the smiles of the cabin crew, makes me fall in love with Singapore Airlines all over again. In the last few years, I was getting rather disappointed with the old and lousy cabin at the extorbitant cost.

A short anecdote on the service standard - My butter fingers couldn't deal with super luxurious lifestyle hence I dropped my hand cream into this little hole behind my seat which wasn't exactly accessible. I wasn't about to lose my hand cream which was worth a bottle of decent champers. All I had to do was to ring the bell and came the ever smiling steward. He tried ways and means including using his bag trolley. After 10 minutes, he finally got it out and trust me, I made sure he broke into a huge bead of sweat! If I haven't got a better business venture in mind, I would like to hire all these people to run service revamp camps for all the rude staffs at Singapore's high end boutiques.

Did I mention that they didn't stop feeding me and the feeding began in the LOUNGGGGEEEE? Food, more food and uppity class tea bags. Before I sound like a country bumpkin, I absolutely hate teas that are stewed, hence uncomfortable for consumption. Tea to me is a delicate form of food art. I would lift my fingers (trying to act like a spoilt brat here...) to make tea for myself anytime over having someone, ANYONE, to help me with it. Needless to say, I made my perfect tea to go with the wide selection of food in the lounge. I wish I was staying there for much longer than I did...

I don't have long legs so leg room is all a waste no me but the seats were soooo wide, I was just curled up comfortably and I was wishing hard that it was a flight to New York instead of a 4 hour flight to Hong Kong.

On my flight back on the 777, the seats were a tad smaller and not as comfortable but I have to say, I experienced equally great service on that flight back. Not wanting to sound racist, I really wanted a change of seats and they did. Apologies but I'm unable to elaborate further on this issue but I can only say, well done Singapore Airlines!

No comments: