Friday, January 04, 2013

C'mon 2013

"Such a cliche!" You may exclaim if I write anything along the lines of "Time Flies..." In reality, time did fly past faster than we can capture. I have never stopped reminding myself to "Seize The Day", "Live Every Moment To The Fullest" but instead, I allowed the drudges of the day hold me back. Before I know it, my life got swallowed by the quicksand called time. It is now the time of the year when we stare at our freshly created New Year Resolutions and think we're going to break them at some point in time, tuck them somewhere and forget about them by March.

Year after year, I hear of friends making trips to Niseko for their annual skiing holidays and every year without fail, I told myself, I will go next year (this year included). The one thing holding me back is always financial considerations. I'm a young executive and I should be making a decent living. Although it's been a rather slow year, it hasn't been all that horrible. But yet, I cannot find the spare cash to do so. I don't know if I have grown to be more prudent to ensure an X amount of savings before I spend the rest or have I been more spendthrift and hence, not seeing the savings I should be having. And from single income to dual income, of a sudden, money has become less "versatile". Every single cent that we make seem to have its purpose even before it becomes "available" on our bank statements.

Material things aside, this is one year that I will make good my promise to my body to live healthier. As we age, recovery slows down, aches and pains sneak in and refuse to leave. Annual body checks for cholesterol level makes me feel like I'm taking the O'levels all over again and dreadfully waiting for the results. Given my messy and crappy family's health history, I would say it's about time I be good to myself.

Seeing our development take shape on a daily basis, it's a building reminder that we need to work much harder to be able to furnish our place in our dream format. The house is exactly the force behind my perseverence at work and if there's anything I need to work on, I did to up the persistence ante at work. I must keep at it and overtake myself at every juncture. This year shall be named the "Mad Dog Year" and once I latch on, there's no letting go.

No comments: