Tuesday, January 07, 2014

My Song Know What You Did In The Dark (Light 'Em Up)



There's a burning suspicion that a little rock girl lives in me but really, my collection of music is rather eclectic. Never been a fan of a specific genre nor an artiste or a band. But every single time I hear a Fall Out Boy song, it makes me go... "Who is that?" 

They are not super distinctive like you will go "that's Katy Perry" but their songs ALWAYS ALWAYS makes me go... "Wow, that's such an awesome piece!" It's a great feeling when you hear something that makes your body dance when you're alone in the elevator. 

Like many people out there, I first heard it on the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show and now, my songs know what you did in the dark. The last song that was periodically on loop even years after was "This Ain't a Scene, It's an Arms Race" even though I struggled to understand what it really meant.

Light 'em up!

Writers keep writing what they write
Somewhere another pretty vein just died
I've got the scars from tomorrow and I wish you could see
That you're the antidote to everything except for me


Time for something more upbeat than Say Something. 


And I will swallow my pride
You're the one that I love
And I'm saying goodbye


No comments: