Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Salsafied

The Singapore International Salsa Festival has finally ended and i must admit, i had an hell of a great time.

Due to the never-clearing haze, i was coughing and sneezing for the entire weekend and in case you didn't know, yes i'm allergic to dust! But the haze and its effects did not deter the salsa fanatics from strutting their moves over the weekend at the SISF. There were workshops after workshops with top names like Edie, the Salsa Freak and Susana Montero gracing the festival. Basically, i was dancing from dawn till dusk from Friday evening to Sunday night. I surrendered to my bed on Sunday night early and missed the party. I was just too sick and my body was feeling the wear and tear. I must say, there were so much to learn and i'm glad i did picked up some new booty shakes.

The highlight was on Sunday when we attempted to break the Guinness Book of Records and we did in fact broke it. Here's a news report on the record breaking Biggest Salsa Rueda Circle In the World!

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/235646/1/.html

Haven't got any pictures taken except for this one. Felt like some National Day event, we were all robed in red and white for the record breaking event.



Au-Naturel - Without a trace of make-up

As for my flu which was an expected consequence of the allergy reaction isn't getting much better. My throat is all sore and i have a runny nose. Thankfully, the swelling around my eyes has gone down or i'll be looking like a frog.

Now comes the bad news, my Hong Kong trip may not happen afterall. We're just waiting for the decision to come from the top. Oh well, if it is meant to happen, it will.

No comments: