Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Back In Action

If you haven't realised, this place's been refurnished. Very spartan, nothing fantastic but a temporary skin while i hunt for another one. Make yourself at home, find a cornor to snuggle and i'll try my best to be a good host and make this place conducive to stay.

The last thing my Grandma did was after her demise. During her wake, most of my nieces and nephews came to help and because we're "colour coded" - I was in white, my cousins were in blue and my nieces and nephews were in bright neon green - The place was filled with shreks and ninja turtles. There were at least 70 to 80 of the green ones meaning my grandma had at least 70 of her great grand children present. In total, including those who weren't there, she had at least 100 great grand children. Time for the exciting part, some of my nieces and nephews are married and may have kids soon. I'm going to be a grand aunt soon. I'm going to faint, someone help me. But the most important thing, this funeral brought all of us closer and we're more united. In actualy fact, i'll be going to catch a movie with some of them this Friday and it's going to be great. Though i'm their aunt, they're officially forbidden to call me ah yi or gu gu when i go out with them. Hey we're about the same age, alright.

"Knit Mom", my cousin, said something during the funeral and i broke into buckets of tears. She said, from next year onwards, we won't have Ah Ma for Chinese New Year. Even till now, my eyes water up when i think of this line. However, we now know who our cousins are and you have got more nieces and nephews to distribute ang pows. I'm sure Grandma will be smiling in heaven seeing how happy and united we are.

Right now, i'm just looking forward to Grandma's 49 days and our big BBQ night!

No comments: