Monday, November 13, 2006

Old Post - Battle Scars

Those were the times...

7/02/2005
Battle Scars

Looking at the battle scars on my body brought me back to my JC days when not a single day went by without getting involved in some kinda sports. I have a group of khakis, like Jianting & Dahlia, who disappeared right after graduation, with them, we triumph in every sport and carried home trophies after trophies. We always won by anything but a margin. Using the word triumph is not at all an overstatement. We were initially from basketball and netball, though we conquered athletics too. We were champs in softball, volleyball, badminton, tennis, table-tennis, hockey, floorball, swimming, soccer, etc. Though we have experts like Shu in badminton but Arts Fac Rules and the volleyball guys were our basketball buddies. Well yes, the guys were so enthusiastic when it comes to teaching the girls. I think i was the idiot who came up with the name but we were affectionately known as Artzalanche. Come to think of it, it's damn tacky. I miss my buddies and hope one day we can come out to makan our hearts out or to remind ourselves how easy it was to win the softball match cuz most of the school players were in Arts. But personally, i'm quite thankful for friends' support, especially people like Nasri, who made me go run the 1500m and 2.4km. Still remember that fateful day, i didn't bring anything, so i ran with my PE attire and normal sports shoes i wore daily as an everyday shoe. I couldn't believe i won. I didn't know how i did it but i did. Relays were big headache cuz it was inter-class and my class didn't quite wanted me in the team initially. Long story though we're good friends now. But i ended up being the last leg, what's new. Watching short legs run can be exciting too. Swimming relays were my killers cuz i can't swim competively but amazingly, i think it was because i didn't wanted to disappoint my classmates, we had our gold medals to bring home. All these things start coming back to me because now that i'm looking for a job, my testimonial is nothing but Jasmine excelled in this sport in that sport but how i wished, i excelled in Geography or in Maths. C or in Economics. The only good thing about these memories are friends. And i hope i could meet up with them again. I miss those days. Now that my ligaments are officially pronounced torn, i don't think i can jump and run like i used to but i believe, friendster will never wear out like ligaments but will mature and age nicely like good wines.

No comments: