Friday, August 24, 2007

Another Boring Yet Alcohol Filled Day

Can't believe I'm back in the office finishing up bits of work after a quick drink at Post Bar AND I actually turned down an invitation to join the 5 o'clock club. (The 5 o'clock club is made up most of the guys from all over the world working on the same floor, they made it a point to leave by 5 on Friday for drinks and I'm always working too late and never got to join them. How depressing.) Well, "Shrek" is in town and I thought it's best that I spend sometime with the rest, hoping that would remind why I actually love being in this place. Right now, I'm just waiting for the right time to give my candidate a call before I leave for dinner and possibly more alcohol. Too much alcohol for one day I guess, considering lunch today was accompanied by some nice red wine. Have I told you guys, drinking is like part of the job? It all started with "Babooshka Mom". From her nickname you should be able to guess she's never too far from her vodkas and since July 2006, I've been drinking on a regular basis like a semi-alcoholic. To top it all, I'm actually allergic to alcohol so I'm scratching myself away but still yearning for more. The truth is, I really enjoy this. Only thing, I used to love it better when "DGJ", "Babooshka Mom" & "AJD" was around. Guess things are just different now.

Primly dressed in white blouse and black suit, "Ade-lady" and myself head off for our corporate photo shoot before lunch when it was pouring buckets. You tend to hate these weather when you have hair that frizzes whenever they get wet especially when you need to look good. Thankfully we had our brollies and weren't wet but I must say, the hair was horrendous, curling in every other direction apart from where it should be. It was early so we hung around for a good cuppa before heading back to get our pictures taken. Surprisingly, it was really quick. All of 20 mins for the both of us and we're done. We left the place with the "are you sure" look on our face but well, he's the professional. The photographer would probably have to spend the entire weekend trying to photoshop the pictures. He'd better do something to make my face look smaller and prettier. That's alot of work!

We had a girls day out for lunch so all 3 us left the boys in the office and headed out like a scene off Charlie's Angels. As usual, we went up to top of UOB for some decent Chinese. We're so predictable - Every lunch was either over at Town restaurant or at Marmalade Pantry or top of the plaza. It was good time talking about our personal lives and how disruptive some people are. Then again, I tend to keep quite a bit to myself and gave very general briefs of my current condition.

Right now, my fingers are all crossed hoping for good weather for wakeboarding tomorrow and that my candidate pass with flying colours tomorrow.

I know I haven't blogging on really interesting stuffs nowadays. My mind's been bogged down with alot of stuffs but well, it's still my blog so I get to blog on these mundane stuffs. Just bear with me.

Oh an email I got from Comedy Boss...
Check out reason for sale of her car!

-----Original Message-----
From: XXX
Sent: 20 August 2007 19:29
To: XXXX
Subject: FW: hi


Go to www.2012products.co.uk for a picture of me! - not v good as taken far
too early in the day but gives you an idea of what I look like currently!!!

My claustrophobic MINI incident was not unfounded.

I see the same side of the moon
That we'll be looking on when the world turns blue
And know that time and space can't come between me and you
We share the same side of the moon
And though you'll never see all the tears shine through
I know I can't be that far from you
If we're both looking on the same side of the moon

1 comment:

Marquis_De_Sade said...

Welcome to the club!!!!

*wink*