Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Everything. So la la la la la la la

For the first time in the past months since the Chinese New Year craze, we finally sat down for some girly mahjong. These times with my two sweetest nieces are always wonderful and full of crazy moments. We sing, we laugh and I love them to bits even though they win all my money all the time. I don't always lose and take today for example, I won big but the only thing, we weren't playing real money. "Mei Mei" got to be really lucky that we were just playing mahjong to pass time or she'd have lost her year's pocket money. All in all, it's good and healthy fun. I had a good laugh.

On an entirely separate note, "UHU Glue's BF" was telling me that he's so sick and tired and was planning to come back home. If he had came back from LA a couple of years back, things would have been very different. I'm glad he actually moved to the east and experienced it for himself how tough New York actually is. The main problem: His girlfriend is going to remain in New York and let's face it, how many of these long distance relationship actually worked. He's not very keen on that thought either. But if you ask me, I think it's about time he makes his way back. As much as he argues with his Dad all the time, he's still his parents' baby and even if he refuses to believe, they love him loads. He's got the loveliest parents in the world and he doesn't even know that. Life will definitely be tougher. Not so much the massive paycut but to start life anew, starting his own business and finding a new mate. Considering most of our friends are everywhere except home, I can foresee I'd be accompanying him for dinners all the time, a luxury I've missed out all these years. For very selfish reasons, I'd want him to come back but then again, I never had time for him when he's around. He's definitely my best friend for now and you know that by looking at my phone bill.

The next two weeks to come, I'd go into this frantic state of going in and out of tightly scheduled meetings. The amount of business development I'll have to do and the number of meetings lined up... oooh, just insane. Weirdly, I'm loving this. After a hard day's work, you'd actually find a wider smile on my face than a day of doing nothing.

Just got an email that I was dreading to open... My life is falling apart yet again. Part of the job's emotional roller coaster ride. If i ever die of a heart attack one day, do not doubt, it's part of my job.

You're a falling star, You're the get away car.
You're the line in the sand when I go too far.
You're the swimming pool, on an August day.
And you're the perfect thing to say.

And you play it coy, but it's kinda cute.
Ah, When you smile at me you know exactly what you do.
Baby don't pretend, that you don't know it's true.
Cause you can see it when I look at you.

And in this crazy life, and through these crazy times
It's you, it's you, You make me sing.
You're every line, you're every word, you're everything.

So, La, La, La, La, La, La, La
So, La, La, La, La, La, La, La

No comments: