Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Kiss Me

I know how incorrigible I am when I find myself blogging away on Microsoft Word as soon as I boarded the plane. Guess that actually makes time fly faster (pun unintended). Once again, I got upgraded to business class. The way to do it? Try checking in online and check the flight to see if it’s very full or the very empty. If it’s near full, click on the seat leaving a gap between yourself and someone else. The reasoning behind this is when couples check in later, they’d want to be together so they’d rather upgrade one than two. Then again, I was totally sweet when I saw the guy at the check in counter. Using my sweetest ever super “tneh” voice to greet him “Good Morning” in the most chirpy sense. Usually, they’d ask, “you traveling alone?” and/or “only you one girl?” then very buay pai seh and say, “Yes! Does that mean I get a free upgrade?” Usually you’d get it if it’s not full. I do get my privileges and prerogative as a single traveling girl alright. If you’re already on Business Class, when too many people gets upgraded from Economy to Business, you get to move to First Class. Isn’t that exciting?

Frankly, I don’t quite need an upgrade. I’ve already paid for Cathay instead of the budget air so the trip is already much better. Well, I’ve never been on a budget air so I really wouldn’t know how it is. It could be pretty good and for a trip SIN-BKK, that could do the job. I needed flexibility for my ticket in any case that I need to leave earlier or later I could just pack up and go and I really don’t mind paying for it. I reckon I’d just be paying for the miles I chalk. Guess when it comes to flying, I’m that bit more patriotic. I never used to quite settle for anything less than SQ but in recent years, the quality of SQ weren’t like a decade ago and the price just doesn’t justify the almost clean safety record, SQ006 aside.

Woke up early this morning, completely knackered. Fell in and out of sleep last night trying to watch very bad quality “Ratatouille” DVD but felt sick soon after. Got to be the funny ice cream I had. Funnily, I enjoyed the few hours of aimless snuggling, short for the fact it’s not on a loft, It would have been perfect. I must say, that weird feeling came very close.

Cutting into my super tough steak and for the fact that they don’t serve Veuve when I’m craving for it now, I’m just going to be crapping. Bear with my nonsense…

Leaving Bangkok for the millionth time (it’s a figure of speech, for God’s sake), this is the one time that I’m looking forward to leave yet feeling like I’ve left a part of me behind with “Kiss Me” by Six Pence Non The Richer ringing in my head. Many things, people or experiences in our lives leave their footprint but whether it’d be washed away by the waves waits to be seen. Most come and go and others are here to stay. Ironically, people or things who/that are here to stay may not be the ones we most look forward to but you know, you can live with it. Which reminds me, the nice simple Made In Thailand all leather Boston bag could have set me back by quite a couple of hundred bucks (not baht). – [Sidetrack a little. As much as I always “suan” myself with the latest LV, I’ve never owned a single piece. It’s just not me. The monogram irks me. Ta da, surprised? Why do you think I’m a Kate Spade fan??!!] Anyway, the plain Boston bag - Loved it. But not meant to be mine. Not its destiny. Not mine to have it. Just like some people, if you want entirely different things, it’s absolutely pointless to pursue. For me, I just want a snugglicious good time with someone whom I can spend the rest of my life, seeking simple happyness in everyday life. From people like Ex-Sir’s Sir’s recent divorce, I came to realise marriage is not the destination. Being able to live and tolerate one another would be the greater challenge and remaining happy would be the end point and unfortunately, it’s a continuous process with no end point. Some people love to race themselves to the nearest fastfood restaurant and get their tummy filled. Others would wait for homecooked food to be served. But if two persons with each looking forward to different types of food and surely, purpose in life, will we find joy? As much as I’d love to be able to run to the fastfood restaurant and get dinner settled, deep down inside, I only want homecooked food, the sort that you go home everyday to find them warm on the table. Very simple dishes, very fulfilling for the soul.

Ever heard of the song 天空? I like this part…
听着自己的心跳
没有规则的跳跃
我安静的在思考
并不想被谁打扰
我们曾紧紧拥抱
却又轻易地放掉
这种感觉很微妙
该怎麽说才好

I need a massage. One of those snugglicious massages with the masseur trying to use crooked fingers to rub off all the tough knots.

No comments: