Friday, August 03, 2007

Summing Up Of A Pathetic Week

Yet another Friday and it's sad how I'm actually looking forward to one after another. Then again, weekends are money squeezing and you end up spending them not knowing how. The sun is out and I'm hoping to be able to do some wakeboarding this weekend. Anyone up for it?

Do you know that it costs about 6 bucks for me to take a cab from my place to the train station even if it's just 2 bus stops away? We have a 2 dollar surcharge and i used to pay for all of these and i didn't know. Need to think about how my money is going out or I'll never be able to afford my LV checkerboard. I realise too that i've always been saying but i'll never bring myself to go buy such stuffs but I'll willingly swipe it on food. Few hundred dollars on sashimi alone is not foreign in my credit card bills.

Krispy Kreme always seem like a hit and miss for me. "BFG" came back from Sydney some time back and no Krispy Kreme. "Oscar's Mommy" came back from Sydney as well and guess what, no Krispy Kreme. "Christmas Island" came some time ago and she couldn't get me Krispy Kreme cuz she had no time to get it. History is gonna repeat yourself. My "Amazing Race team-mate" from our Hong Kong office would be coming this weekend and still, no Krispy Kreme cuz it wouldn't be fresh by the time she meet up with me. Extremely depressing... But i'm just gonna deal with Dunkin' Donuts while I'm in Bangkok next week. Yes I'm going on a much needed holiday. Would be there for a week just to slow down my pace and go for some massages...

"Guttercat's" 2nd baby is turning 1 month today so we'd be going for the Asian version of the baby shower that comes after the baby's birth. Red eggs were traditionally given away as an auspicious announcement. Few do that now but i know i would if i become a new mother. Few know this but I'm a sucker for very traditional stuffs when it comes to big occasions like this.

Work was less than satisfactory for me this week. Haven't gotten any new clients, new assignments, new offers, new placements.. I feel like I'm rotting away and totally unappreciated around here with my boss deciding how unfair the system shall remain and why i shouldn't be promoted yet. Although it's just going to be just the title and everything would be the same, why me? Anyone thing i didn't do right? I'm whining, ain't i? Not a good thing. I'm dreading yet the arrival of another work week...

No comments: