Sunday, August 05, 2007

You Mean I Used To Hate Shopping???

My Favourite Girl

My initial intention was to post some pictures of Juju and Nani's concert pictures today. Unfortunately, i was seated way to far and none of the pictures turned out horribly so i'll just give that a miss. Then again, you guys did not miss out. Like Tubby said, "you've seen one, you've seen it all" and he could even guess the song the kids were going to sing based on the vague introduction by the kindergarten teacher. Looking at the auditorium of Nanyang Girls filled with anxious parents, i started to wonder - Will i become one of those eager parents laughing at my kid's performance but right inside, you feel incredibly proud of them?

As already, i'm loving these four little fellows to bits. No prize but guessing it right but my favourite would be littlest Lala. She sure knows the way to tug me right and just the very way she calls me, melts me instantly. You wouldn't imagine how comforting it is to see her welcome me with her sunshine-like smile and her inability to stay still because she's all too excited to see me. Naturally, whenever i see little shoes, little clothes, little water bottles, basically anything little and especially if it's in the shade of her favourite blue, i'd want her to own a piece of that. Would that qualify as spoiling? I have my rules with kids very well and the kids in this households knows that very well and when they crosses the boundary, it will be made known to them. No kids will ever climb over my head and i'll never allow that to happen. Call me "lao gu ban" but i believe there should be basic respect as much as i'd love to be their soulmate and their friend. Unlike our parents, i know i can because i wouldn't judge. So don't start flaming me on how i intend to discipline my kids if i were to ever have any.

Did quite a fair bit of shopping today. All the walking from Tanglin Club all the way to Ngee Ann City and back did not even tire me the least bit. Maybe because i wasn't the one carrying the paperbags. A question for girls: Have you realised that whenever we buy cosmetics, the real items never quite take up much space but we always go off with the biggest paperbag they have in the store because the ridiculous, redundant free gifts simply fill up all the spaces available. And you might wish to know, there's a special promotion happening at Tangs when you used your credit card to purchase. Apart from the usual rebate, you will also get a $20 voucher when you buy above a certain amount. Hence, the more you buy, the better discounts you get. Meanwhile, you accumulate more redeemable points on your Citibank card. How satisfying! There're quite a big of great sales out there and if you need to buy anything from Aussino, I have the discount cards that you might wish to borrow. Do give me a buzz and we can all go mad together.

When i saw the kids playing on their handheld games, sitting on the stairs waiting for their Moms who are probably busy shopping in the boutique, reminded me on how i used to hate shopping with my Mom and guess what, people do change. I did and i love shopping... Now i really hope that i have the courage to walk into LV and exchange a signature for my checkerboard series and feel painful for the next few months. Well, my mind is still intact and i'm still too sensible to do just yet. I need a lunatic moment to do that. Who knows? I might end up happier. That is, before my credit card bill arrives...

No comments: