Monday, August 27, 2007

White Lies Are Lies Too

Between people, if there's no honesty, how do you expect to go on as friends, lovers or colleagues. At the very least, the relationship will never be genuine. For me, it's pretty obvious when it's not genuine from the inside because it's shown all over through my actions. I can't hide what I'm not comfortable with. Some think I should try to be nicer and be very "plastic". I can't, simply can't. What you see if what you get. Take it or fucking leave it.

People around me lie and I have a brilliant ability to read between lines and see through them. Puzzles me sometimes and it is extremely frustrating to know that some people are lying but I'm not able to expose them. Even though some are white lies and they mean no harm, it still hurts me a great deal especially when these people mean something to me. In my line of work, white lies are unavoidable. Some people try to paint a nice picture to get what they want. Other go into interviews and backstab the recruiter. To be fair, this is one example out of hundreds of others who are excellent. If there's something wrong with me, just tell me. There's no need to make a huge detour and try to put it nicely. That is still a lie. If you do not have time for me, there's no need for an excuse. If you're not actively looking, just say so. If you're not interested in the package, tell me. It's my job.

The real pain comes when people you've appreciated having around you lie, even white lies. White lies are not harmless, they are lies. A half truth is in fact, a whole lie. A human being naked and a human being all nicely dressed, one who's evil or one who's angelic, is still a human being. Having said that, I'm guilty of lies as well. We not only lie to get what we want, we lie habitually.

From Rihanna's Unfaithful,
I say I won't be long,
Just hanging with the girls,
A lie i didn't have to tell.
Because we both know,
Where I'm about to go,
And we know it very well.


Simple things that doesn't need a lie to cover up, we still do it anyway. I stress I avoid lies and I do not appreciate them. If you think you're getting away with lies, you're not. I can tell. I know you're fucking lying. Even through your eyes, a sentence, a sms, an email or a carefully planned conversation, I know you're fucking lying and I do not appreciate it at all.

I'm so tired of pretentious people. Stop all your fucking lies.

If you tell the truth you don't have to remember anything. Mark Twain

No comments: