Friday, September 21, 2007

Babies Everywhere

Welcome to this world, Baby Laura Widya!

Found time to visit Baby Laura last night. She's so adorable. Initially, when I first looked at the baby, I just thought, "Hey, don't they all look the same?". Alright, I sound just like a dude. But on a closer look, while trying to recall the last bit of feminism in me, I thought he looks just like her father. Looking at how Small Toe's hubby adores the baby, I know Small Toe would be a happy young Mom. Comes to me as no surprise that this baby was indeed an accident but trust me, once you've seen the "look on the parents' face, you know it's a beautiful accident. Besides, both parent are capable of bringing up Baby Laura just fine. Looking at how happy Small Toe was, you have no idea how envious and glad that she's got a direction in life. Now that she's a full-fledged Mom, I guess the Balaclava times are over for now.

Later on that night, I went to our usual Simpang meetups with the Fat Club. It felt so good to meet them once again during this traumatic and stressful time for me. But Holey Moley", could you pick a better day and not Thursday just because your sweetheart is playing mahjong? Had to literally drag myself out of the bed this morning. Anyway, to my absolute horror, "Stories Meister" brought his heavily pregnant wife along and was smoking beside her. And the best part, the wife just said, "oh the baby's probably used to it because Daddy's a smoker?" WTF! Oh well, I know I'm keeping my baby 10 miles away from smoke and from them and before that time comes, I'll just tahan having my prata in the chimney. And for the next meetups, we're planning to ban PSPs. Everyone was glued to their PSP and I barely spoke to some of them. A pity how technology totally rips us away from genuine, face to face communications. Even then, I'm just glad I got to see them. "Tai-Tai in making" is having a new wine bar in Dempsey and when the time comes, will announce "the next place to be" in town.

This weekend is going to be so boring. No wakeboarding sessions because everyone would be at the Wakeboard Worldcup. Well, I will probably check it out but frankly, don't think I'll spend two whole days there. I need to ride some wakes... Argh... Painful! Think I'm staying home and poking people on Facebook.

No comments: