Monday, September 17, 2007

Simple Weekend

Due to the chemical peel, I had to avoid the sun for a week or so. Hence, no wakeboarding for me this weekend. Pure torture! But the past weekend was alot more enjoyable than I thought. Managed to catch up with some friends and even managed to squeeze in a movie. Gotta be too much energy still pumping through my body, I couldn't sleep on Saturday night and was trying to draw a clover on facebook with "Como" (one of the forumer) who couldn't sleep too. It was a challenge I couldn't resist. Think: It was 4 am and we were a little crazy. Alright, we were utterly insane.

Sunday was even better. It started really lazy with my prolonged refusal to get out of bed. Finally, got my butt over to Meiren Biaojie's place and spent a lazy day just doing absolutely nothing with the girlies. Oh by the way, when we were flipping through one of the chick mags, we saw an article on an "environmentally conscious" girl who wore reusable sanitary pads and menstrual cup. I'm sorry but this totally grossed me out. From the bottom of my heart, I'd desire the world to be a little more environmentally friendly and I try all means to do whatever I can within my means to do my part in preserving the world. But hygiene is not something I would compromise. I'll stick to using tampons...

Dinner was simple but good. We had pizza but Alee's impersonation of her artsy fartsy super interesting friends really entertained us. The girls never fail to cheer me up and to cook the dumplings together was something we hadn't done for ages. We should be doing this more often... Thanks girls.

This post may be boring to most of you but it's the contentment I can't seem to use any words to replace. Very simple times. Times you wish you can have just a little more of everyday.

No comments: