Sunday, September 09, 2007

There's Always Light At The End Of The Tunnel

Friday night couldn't have been more fun. Went for drinks and dinner on Club Street with the company. Dinner was great and all and I swore I saw the owner of the chain sitting by the table next to us. Food was great albeit a little spicy for my weak and churning stomach. The fun was actually after dinner when I went to join a bunch of 15-20 people whom I've never met before at Partyworld on Orchard. I laughed too hard, I think I'm still suffering from stomach cramp.

Well, when I first got there, it was a little awkward because I barely knew anyone and since I don't drive a Bimmer (By the way, these people are from BMW-SG.com...), I thought it was going to be a boring and I might just head home after 15 mins. Then I found myself sitting beside an hyperactive bucket of fun. "Limited Steps Dancer cum Ultimate Ice-Breaker" (Was thinking I'd just use their nickname on the forum here but because this guy's nick is his actual name, I had to come up with an apt nick.) was dancing all nice and entertaining everyone. I have to say he was really nice and was trying his best to make everyone comfortable. Half of those people have never met one another so his presence was very well appreciated and received. He made me enjoy my Friday since a long long time. His well timed jokes cracked up everyone present. I'm glad I'm not regretting turning up at the event at all.

Thankfully, the bit of alcohol I took last night did not affect my wakeboarding today. I'm so addicted to wakeboarding and that's the only thing I actually look forward to on a weekend. I mean I do appreciate the rest I get from a hard week of work but to be able to do something satifying to the soul just helps clearing out bad thoughts accumulated during the week. Managed to handle my heel side alot better today but my toe side still needs some tweaking. Eventually got the angle and posture right to my toe side during the last run but lacked that bit of confidence. I shall aim for a good toe side jump popping off the perfect time when I hit the sweet spot next time I ride. Guess it helped by having really flat water and 2 great coaches. In fact, an excellent coach and a skillful boatman. Hmmm, I can still smell the sea water that seeped through my nails.

In life, I never quite expected good things to come my way. I supposed that's cuz I've been really unlucky my whole life. It's good in a way since I don't quite take things for granted and I always try to see the good side of things. On the surface, I may seem like the most optismistic person but on some aspects, I can actually be very dark and unpredictable. Right now, no matter how unhappy and unsatisfying life is, I'll grit my teeth and ride through this huge wake with the smallest sweet spot ever. I know I'd emerge the winner because no one will go through the process and learn the lessons I did. Like the Chinese saying that goes, "whatever comes may, even in upstream conditions, I will take it in stride." I'm thankful every single day for people who cares for me and loves me. Many of you are reading this and alot of you text me to "watch" over me and make sure I'm fine. I just bitch alot in this blog but please know that I take whatever that may come my way and I'll learn my lesson over every possible difficulty. I really appreciate all the concern and I feel so loved. That made my life alot better and everyday that much easier. Thank you.

Lastly, Happy Birthday to my Meiren Biaojie. Without you, I might forget that I even have family members who genuinely care for my wellbeing. I hope you can find the right person to take you in his arms for the rest of your life and making you hot drinks when you're feeling cold. You deserve the best because you are the best! You complete my life...

No comments: