Monday, October 29, 2007

A Letter to Little La Di Da...


When I was younger, my cousins used to bring me out on dates. Don't ask me why but I do remember some of their partners then till today. Things in the adults world may not always work out but for the few months that I've spent it with all of you, I really enjoyed myself. Like an aunt, I'd want to give you the best the world has to offer and shelter you against the evils. All of you are good kids and will definitely grow up to be fine adults. Hearing stories of your mischievous acts makes me laugh but at the same time, depresses me that I'd not be there to watch you grow up. When I first met you, you can barely talk and couldn't even greet me. The last time I saw you, you were speaking in full sentences and using words that shocked me. Thanks for all the joy you've brought me. If I ever have kids, I can only hope they can be as happy as you...

Somehow, I can still hear you sing, "Doncha..."

No comments: