Sunday, October 28, 2007

Raindrops Keep Falling On My Head

Monthly meetup are common affairs for car groups/forums and has become tagged on my diaries. Today was supposed to be the meetup for 2 different car forums but somehow, closely related. The first forum meetup was at Marina South and we were supposed to do a photoshoot for one of the car magazine in Singapore.

Jewell, our dear forum owner, decided to tell the Veron that she's going to be at Marina South early. So Veron, who was nice enough to pick me up, came 45 minutes earlier than our agreed time. I panicked and left home without makeup or what so ever, bringing along my laptop thinking I'd be going to Kallang later on and I could surf the internet if I ever get bored and considering that I was planning to drop by Meiren Biaojie's place, it would be wise to lug it with me.

We arrived so early, no one else was there. Jewell hadn't even picked her friend and I believed she was still home when I called. One after another, the drivers started to come in. Unfortunately for us, so did the dark cloud. As we were arranging the cars in some weird formation, we began to feel droplets of rain falling on our head. Thunder and lightening started to terrorise us and after a few quick shots, we were running out of the place completely drenched.

Como, Haze and myself decided to indulge ourselves with a little wakeboard equipment shopping instead of proceeding to the second meetup at Kallang. The rain was so heavy and we didn't think it would go on. Well, it did. According to the forum, there was a "huge" turn up of 5-6 cars.

Anyways, saw this vest which I might go back to get it very soon. If you're planning to get me an early Christmas and birthday present, let me know, I'll give you the name of the shop and let the guy know that you're coming to pick up the tab for me. I'm too broke from the overpriced board.

It was good to be able to see the girls today after a while, er say a week? My Meiren Biaojie and my nieces and more than just my family to me. Both mother and daughters are like my sisters and bestfriends. Being with them keeps me sane and smiling. And I have to say, watching a movie in the new car may be fuel consuming but it would have been a great date... The only thing, the only guy in the car was my Dad.

No comments: