Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Christmas Steamboat

It feels so good to be slurping down hot soup and be gathered with fellow Singaporeans in cold winter New York City on Christmas Day when the chilling wind would have gotten into our bones if we were found strolling down the dead streets. Sharing "babu" jokes and our discovery of people's general non-preference for "attap chis" was just some of the fun. As we were watching Forrest Gump on the tv, we realised that we are all not young anymore. Everyone present were around my age. For me, it was great to meet someone I supposedly used to know. We weren't exactly friends but knew of each other's presence. I played for an alumni basketball team for her secondary school. Weird, I know. I almost became her teammate. She looked very familiar on snowboarding day but she went by a name which I wasn't familiar with. And ta da, all the way in NYC, I actually met up with someone and became friends after 13 or 14 years of "oh I've seen her face before".

Don't know if we're lucky but we didn't get to eat the rabbit meat today.

The Spread...

No comments: