Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Keep Walking

A day of endless walking and finally I'm back. I'm missing the iSqueeze in my room. I never knew I had flat feet until I met this podistrist at the wakeboarding shop few months back. So now I know my pain can be attributed to some known factor but then again, it never quite deterred me from sports or excessive walking. Maybe I just have a much higher tolerance for pain. Talking about pain, my shoulders were aching and my feet were sore but I still made myself walked from 88th down to 60th street and that is quite a long way. And being the ghay kiang person, I bought drinks and magazines on 70 something street (high 7s) and lugged it back. My fingers were cold and breaking off and I have to admit, I wasn't very bright. I was so counting down the streets as the numbers get smaller.

Went to the Metropolitan Museum of Art (MET) today. And yes, I kept walking. Took me about 3.5 hours which is considered very fast. Most people spend an entire day there but see, I don't have anyone to discuss the work with me nor to even take pictures with so I kept walking and camera whoring everything except myself, very much against the advice of Fatshark Guru but hey, my skin quite thin ok and I do look weird taking pictures of myself!

In Central Park... The Jackie Kennedy Reservoir...


Finally got myself the prepaid phone card only to find out that near where Marsk's, there's an AT&T. Just round the corner!!! WTH! At least, I'm walked more than half of Lexington Ave.

New York's been nice so far but given less than 48 hours, I already know that this is not a place I can live in. Firstly, I didn't know how much I miss Singapore's weather until I got here. It's funny how in such weather, laksa would be the perfect dinner but instead, we have it in hot sweaty tropical Singapore. I've always loved the cold but this is a little too much for comfort. Having said that, today's weather is almost perfect. No doubt it is a puny point away from freezing, the sun made it seem alot more habitable but such happiness is short-lived, by 4 plus, the sky is starting to turn really dark.

It's still early but I'm so sleepy...

No comments: