Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Snowboarding Debut

The first time in my life trying snowboarding thinking it might be similar to wakeboarding. I couldn't be more wrong. Except for the rain that totally drenched me, everything else is different. You might think at least both of my feet are strapped to the board and hence, makes them similar right? In wakeboarding, we don't take off and put on our boots all so often and we're putting on the wakeboarding boots or what we call bindings (means totally different things in snowboarding anyway) and cuz we won't be wearing GLOVES/MITTENS while trying to getting on, makes things alot easier and less tiring!

The disaster has barely started...

Water started to get into my gloves and hand warmers and neck and beanie and.... EVERYTHING was WET! It doesn't usually rain but I guess I was just unlucky... I wish it was snowy but apparently, the rain made the snow softer to call on. Even then, I was aching as soon as I got onto the bus. so much for reminding myself to warm up those half dead knees.

When I was at the bunny slope, I alomst gave up and told myself that I'm never ever going snowboarding again in my entire life. Then I started to go a little further and when I could do a very long stretch (well, for me it was quite long), without falling, I was hooked and wanted to do it all over again. My only complain would be the lift, scared the shit out of me. I have slight fear of heights and it was pure horrifying to be on that lift, get stuck up there when it stopped while a gust of wind blew past and shook my soul out of my body. I was screaming like a preschool kid.

As i moved to the slightly bigger slopes, the fun started to kick in especially when I didn't fall for more than 5 seconds gliding down the slope. But whenever I fall, the trauma repeats itself all over again. I had fun and I know I'll try it again.

My blogs' been ended pretty abruptly because I get really tired by the end of the day but will try to fill you guys in as much as possible. Meanwhile, do stay tune and I promise to keep you guys in the loop...

No comments: