Saturday, January 05, 2008

Afterthoughts - Reporting LIVE from HKIA

My last two days in New York was fulfilling and covered grounds I failed to during the rest of my stay. To think that the next time I visit would be when I'm prepared to take such a long flight, I thought twice about missing some locations. Finally caught a Broadway musical. Most of you may not be aware but they have "Legally Blonde" on Broadway and I enjoyed that tremendously. The plot was funny and romantic, your typical chick flick but it was overall good. It is not fair to compare it with big productions like Phantom of The Opera or Les Miserables but since I've seen the other two, this was a fresh choice as well. Even at a discounted rate from the TKTS booth, we were still paying quite a bit but every cent was well worth it.

If I don't sound coherent, that's because I'm transitting in Hong Kong International Airport and barely slept on my 16 hour flight from NYC to HKG. Can't wait to be flown home in my next flight due to take off in another hour's time.

My last day in NYC was purely and solely spent sitting on the Top of the Rock, the observation deck on top of the Rockefeller Center. The view was magnificent and I stay from when there's daylight, till sunset where half the sky was orangey and the other half was violet and subsequently, the lights from the building started to filled the skyline as darkness drew near. Although it was freezing cold, there were room on the deck sheltered from the wind where you can just watch the sun go down. Absolutely beautiful and I would say, this is a must go, must do if you ever visit New York. Of course, this is part of the luxury of taking such a long and well-paced trip.

Finally, checked out the Lower West Side and the Meatpacking District with my Twin in NYC before I went back to pack and got ready to get my arse home.

Met many interesting people during this trip whom some of them, I might never meet ever again. Most importantly, I've got to thank those travel companions who showed me some parts of NYC which I might not have explored had I been wondering around alone and not forgetting Dodo in NYC for letting me mess up his apartment. Well of course, I get free "musical" every night. Thanks for being a great friend and going places with me and even when you were sick, you still made the effort to check out the tattoo place with me and eventually, accompanied me through what I would call the "sweet torture". As you guys could see from my earlier post, the result was beautiful.

The city has showed and taught me lessons in life we'll never pick up from books or Wikipedia. Meeting perople and dissecting their mindsets were interesting and intriguing. I know I can never be a New Yorker. I do not have the right mindset and purpose and for many of you who are considering to move there, you'd better not have any intentions to set up a family in the near future because this place is definitely not for you. To find the man or woman of your life is almost a mission impossible. Crudely put, the guys just wants to get into your pants and well, if you ask me for a nicer way to put it, these people are there to have fun and purely for that purpose.

Boarding soon... See you guys home...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Welcome home dear! Roads are clearer, sky is blue, Somethings are greener, but pink is you.



- less than anonymous.