Sunday, January 06, 2008

Thankful

Home... Sweet.

My first few hours back home totally satisfied all the longing for the past 3 weeks while I was away. It was sweet and warm. I needed local food so bad, the nasi lemak was more than merely filling. Thankfully, no more kimchis.

As much as I miss Manhattan, I'm more than thankful to be back home. The weather is just one of the many things that I never saw it as a blessing. And being in Singapore, we pretty much control the climate we're in most of the time. The food we have, both the amount and the variety, are just some of the little things in life we take for granted. My lunch of simple porridge and "lor bak" was absolutely heavenly. My last dose of antibiotics seem to mark the end of the misery of being sick on foreign land.

The hugs were comforting and to be able to see the familiar but yet so unfamiliar face was surprisingly calming. The silence was more than comfortable. I could live with this...

No comments: