Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Happy New Year

The year is coming to an end. For my friends back home, they are already in 2008. Am I missing out the fun?

I'll be heading to Nest for the countdown in a couple of hours' time and would just watch the ball drop down Times' Square via Live telecast. According to the invitation on Facebook, it reads "4 Floors of Amazing New Year fun" so I think it's gonna be huge.

Frankly, I don't have to mood to dress up and go right now. I've be coughing and down to sore throat and your usual other crappy flu stuffs, I'm having it all. Despite the flu jab I took before I came, my body still succumbed to the virus. Went "shopping" at Duane Reade, the local pharmacy, self medicated and hopefully by tonight, I'm ready to party. Don't think alcohol is going to do me any good at this point in time.

As for New Year resolutions, I've been asked so many times. I guess I should go to the gym more often and preferably on a regular basis and train up what I'll need for wakeboarding. Spending more quality time at work. Take lesser cabs to work definitely. Well, if I get my car soon, that shouldn't be an issue. Rent a decent spot and move out. Allocating more time for loved ones.

Sitting in front of the computer with watery eyes, a pile of mucus filled tissues, a half pack of lozenges, countless medications and a thick thick sweater to keep the body warm, I have no intentions to go anywhere to celebrate the coming 2008 with a few thousands other people. But since I'm already in NYC, I should just go right?

New Year's Eve Last Year...


Times' Square preparing for countdown and unfortunately, I have chosen not to witness the ball drop. Thinking of the people standing in the cold right now does help me feel better... Teehee

No comments: